Applegate - About Banner.jpg

The History
of Applegate
Livestock.

 

Our History


Applegate Livestock Equipment Inc. was established by 19 year old businessmen, Richard G. Applegate in 1955. The company set-out to install quality fencing at a reasonable price.

During the winter of 1960, Applegate began manufacturing wire-filled gates to be installed during the prime fencing season. Demand for the gates, also known as the Steel Jewel Gates, escalated and the manufacturing business grew. The installation and fencing division was replaced by manufacturing machines and tools. Applegate's Steel Jewel Gate was a tremendous success. Applegate has grown to become a trusted livestock equipment manufacturer with a comprehensive product line. Today we offer quality brand names including: Applegate, IDEAL and Elk River. Applegate relocated from Saratoga, Indiana in the fall of 2008 to a state-of-the-art, 160,000 sq. ft. facility in Union City, Indiana. A new, technologically advanced powder coat system has been installed in the Union City facility, allowing us to provide the best looking and most durable product finish available. At Applegate we are dedicated to product quality, innovation and most importantly, our customers. We appreciate your continued support.

Sincerely, 
Aaron Applegate
Applegate Livestock Equipment, Sales Manager

 

CAREERS

CONTACT US

Search